Are you experiencing difficulties like loss of balance or loss of extremity function?
Do you have trouble walking due to damage to the brain or head injury or any neurological condition?
Then, visit Pragati Physiotherapy Clinic and receive effective neuro physiotherapy from Dr Vinay Verma. He is an experienced and skilled Physiotherapist in Delhi.
Why choose Pragati Physiotherapy Clinic for Neuro Physiotherapy?
- The Pragati Physiotherapy Clinic has state of the art medical infrastructure for providing neuro physiotherapy in various neurological conditions.
- Dr Vinay Verma is the founder of Pragati Physiotherapy Clinic. He is a well-trained physiotherapist with 14 plus years of experience.
- Dr Vinay at Pragati Clinic has treated 5000 plus patients since its start in 2012. He provides exceptional and effective treatments that focus on the optimal performance of the body.
- We have helped many patients for rehabilitating from various neurological conditions and have assisted them in resuming to regular activities.
- We would be happy to schedule a comprehensive treatment with you to reduce your discomfort, increase mobility and recover you from injury.
What is Neuro Physiotherapy?
Neuro physiotherapy treats patients with neurological conditions. These are movement and functional disorders caused by impairments affecting the brain, spinal cord and the nervous system.
Impairment to your central nervous system, including brain and spinal cord, indicates that the signals from your brain are not transferring the affected parts of your body. It can result in loss of mobility and sensation, uncoordinated movement, weak and floppy muscles, seizure and tremor.
Neurological Physiotherapy can kick-start the signalling pathways that your brain is striving to use. It will give you to achieve a new way through monotonous actions and exercises.
Neuro physiotherapy in neurological conditions
Neuro physiotherapy can treat any neurological disease that impairs movement and physical ability. Our team includes well- trained and expert physiotherapists who provide neuro physiotherapy for all neurological conditions, including:
- Traumatic brain injury or head injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Bell’s palsy
- Balance and Mobility Issues
- Difficulty in Walking
- At the first consultation, we check and build individual goals. Dr Vinay Verma knows that each patient's medical requirements are different. They can be anything from walking, riding to visiting friends, returning to work or joining sports again.
- Neuro physiotherapy aims to help rehabilitate physical impairments produced by neurological conditions, as mentioned earlier.
- Neuro physiotherapy is different from conventional physiotherapy. It enables the brain to form new synaptic connections and rewires the brain to learn or re-learn tasks and abilities.
Neuro physiotherapy can either administered in a one-on-one manner as when there is an improvement in the posture. It can also be beneficial in cases where the patient needs to re-learn how to stand, walk or sit if the loss is critical.
- Patients can perform other tasks, like walking and easy exercises in groups as it creates a friendly environment. Thus, it makes rehabilitation more enjoyable.
- Neuro physiotherapy does not stop at simple passive exercises or tailored exercises to build strength and coordination.
- In some instances, patients may need mobility aids, such as a walking frame or a specialized wheelchair.
- You should repeat exercises taught by our trained neuro physiotherapists both in the clinic and at home. It helps to ensure muscle tone and motor function does not deteriorate. These may include simple ‘at-home’ exercises, or frequent visits to the clinic to engage in tailored or group activities.
Benefits of Neurological Physiotherapy
Neuro physiotherapy focuses on improving strength, movement, balance and coordination.
Neurological physiotherapy not only help patients with mobility-related disorders, but it also benefits them gain a better outlook and confidence in their conditions by improving their quality of life through:
- Better balance and coordination
- Improved walking
- Optimized function on affected areas
- Increased stamina and endurance
- Increased strength and less tension in affected muscles
- Reduced contractures
- Optimized independence
Neuro Physiotherapy Services
The neurorehabilitation programme includes four services as per primary impairments and functional requirements as given below:
Brain injury, aneurysms, anoxic brain damage and tumour with primary cognitive or behavioural or speech or eating issues and minimal physical and medical needs.
Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, anoxic brain injuries, motor neuron disease, Guillain Barre Syndrome, peripheral neuropathy, and muscle diseases with primary sensory or motor dysfunction with disability in performing activities of daily living and mobility.
Ischemic or haemorrhagic stroke with multiple disabilities in mobility, self-care, balance, coordination, speech and language, swallowing, cognitive and sensory skills.
Spinal Cord Service
Frequently Asked Questions
1 . How long will my therapy sessions last?
The initial assessment will last for an hour. Each treatment session after will depend on your specific needs. Your therapist will discuss this with you.
2 . How many sessions of physiotherapy do one need?
Each patient’s diagnosis is different. Your physiotherapist will develop a suitable treatment plan for you. Your treatment method and the number of visits will be determined during your first visit and explained to you by your physiotherapist.
3 . Is physiotherapy painful?
Physiotherapy is a painless treatment. But, as you restore your mobility, pain levels, at times, can fluctuate.